3 bodily states that affect our decisions.
- Health – how healthy you are; are you sick?
- Energy – how much energy you have; are you tired?
- Willpower – how much motivation / grit you have; can you be f*cked?
These 3 states affect your decisions.
- For example, try going to the gym when you are sick, feeling weak and hungry; it’s not going to happen. Your body will not listen to your command.
Willpower is an interesting state.
- Willpower is used whenever a decision is made.
- So this means you use willpower all the time.
- You use more willpower when you have to decide an unfavorable option, over a favorable one.
- e.g. You use more willpower when you decide to study (unfavorable) rather than relax and watch TV (favorable).
- You can fully replenish willpower, by getting a good night’s rest, or replenish it slightly by eating.
Great. So then, how can we manipulate these states to get ourselves to listen to our commands?
Manipulating the 3 states to get things done:
- When you have a big task, split it up and do it over multiple days.
- Do the hardest tasks first.
- This is so that you have enough willpower at the start, and have some left over for your other tasks.
- Minimize the use of willpower, by eliminating things that cause distractions.
- …so that you don’t have to spend extra willpower by picking an unfavorable option, over a favorable one (as explained above).
- We are talking about things like your phone, while you are working; it will distract you. Keep it out of sight.
- Keep your 3 states high.
- Stay healthy.
- Stay energized.
- Start your day after a good night’s rest, to start with lots of willpower.
- The Sims provide a simple template for real-world success.
- The Sims also shows us what happens when you don’t take action – you stay mediocre with no skills.
- We have to choose and do the tasks that will help us get the skills and experience, to get things we want (…the best jobs, possessions, partners and more).
- To get our bodies to listen to our decision / commands, keep the 3 states high.
The next article will be about choosing the right tasks, to help you reach your goals. Join the Amigo Club and subscribe, to get the latest AmigoTips right to your email (no spam, we promise).
Have you played the Sims back in the days? What crazy things have you done with them?
What are some things that you will get done? Let us know in the comments below!